We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
9 reviews
cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

Hi everbody

I need a cheap single room in Amsterdam for the nights of june 1 - 2

With "cheap" I mean no more than 80 - 85 euros for a single room.

Experiences or suggestions, anyone?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

Cornerhouse singles from 35 , Prins Hendrick 90 all inclusive. Kap if you want an out of cenre hotel. or browse www.amsterdamhotels.com as you are cutting it a little fine. There may not be that amount of choice available. Good luck and come back if you need anything more specific.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

all three I believe have web sites , corrected spelling Prins Hendrik !

NJ
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

Geoffboxer, I noticed that you've never mentioned the Hotel Brouwer when someone asks for inexpensive accommodations. I was wondering if that was because perhaps you aren't familiar with it or if it's not a good choice for some reason? I just booked there for three nights in July --- 55 euros for the single w/ breakfast.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

hallo Summer , yes I do know the hotel you mention and it has a very good reputation and also a great location. The main reason I dont often mention it is that its a very small hotel with only aound 8 rooms. Given the demand for good cheap safe and central rooms in Amsterdam, the chances are that a very small place like this is booked solid. Have a nice trip and enjoy the Brouwer !

NJ
Level Contributor
84 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

Oh OK. I'm relieved to know that. :) I chose the Brouwer after checking out the reviews here, but it's even more reassuring to know it earns the approval of a local expert. Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
6. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

hi , summer , your welcome and Im confident you'll enjoy the city and your hotel. Let us know how you get on.if possible. Always nice to get feedback.

Its impossible for anyone to have personal knowledge of every hotel in town ,but Ive stayed at around 40 over the years from the very best to a couple Im embarraced to mention ! I also make a point of visiting as many as possible that Ive never stayed at. It is a fact that conditions at Hotels can go up and down , especially with change of ownership. There have been several incidents of this happening recently , in particular many hotels on Damrak that have been bought up by shady organisations.!

I try and anticipate by the details given , ie class, area , cost etc etc what would be suitable for each poster seeking advice. It does make it much easier if full details are provided. Best regards , Geoff.

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

Geoffboxer and Sommerwind, thanks a lot for your replies.

Unfortunately, a lot of the places suggested were full booked, cornerhouse included. Others require a minimum stay of 3 nights, and I have only 2.

I'm trying with the website hotels.nl. In case of no success, I will try to find a room through the tourism information office when I arrive (in the morning). I hope they have a last minute accomodation service.

thanks again!

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

ok , biondo . I always try and inform that rooms in Amsterdam are at a premium ,and the best always fill up very quickly. Sorry you had no luck regarding choice but the V V V tourist info are very good and Im sure they will find you something suitable. Good luck !

9. Re: cheap accomodation for 2 days in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 16:51