We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

Has anyone tried the Keukenhof Express that departs from Damrak 34 in Amsterdam using the Holland Pass?

http://www.hollandpass.com/things-to-do/amsterdam/keukenhof+express.html

It says on the website that I would just need one Tulip or one Windmill ticket to exchange for the Keukenhof Express ticket and the entrance fee to Keukenhof Garden.

Seems too good to be true. Can anyone verify?

Lisse, The...
Level Contributor
725 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

I don't know this system but it seems to be a private bus instead of the regular OV busses. On their website is stated the maximum time for visiting the Keukenhof is 3 hours. To my opinion this is too short to experience the whole park and all the inside exibitions. My advise for friends and tourists is to take 4 hours minimum.

Toronto
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

Thank you for the information. The 3 hour limitation actually works for me because of our itinerary.

Departing from Damrak 34 would be perfect for me, I dont have to go to Airport to catch the bus, but I am concerned because no one else on this forum seem know about it.

Hopefully someone can advise me on how I can exchange the Holland Pass Windmill ticket for the Keukenhof Epresss( including entrance and return bus fee) too.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,877 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

I am fairly sure I have seen this pass my window once but since it's seasonal you tend to forget about it.

I believe you need to go to the Tours and Ticket company on damrak 34 http://www.tours-tickets.com/

to exchange your voucher and book your ticket.

Auckland, Auckland...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

Looking at the link you have posted, I am pretty sure your Tulip or Windmill ticket would only get you the Keukenhof Express ticket. Your entrance fee to Keukenhof Gardens would not be included. Tours & Tickets is a private company offering a return coach ride to Keukenhof and because the ride is in their luxury tour bus, you are paying €10 each way, whereas the public Keukenhof Express bus charges €6 each way.

Tours & Tickets also offers a 5-hour tour of Keukenhof for €40:

http://www.hollandpass.com/things-to-do/amsterdam/excursion%3a+keukenhof+2013.html

On this webpage it says "entrance fee included" which it didn't say in the Keukenhof Express webpage.

Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

I had the same query- can anyone clarify whos used the Holland pass for the trip to keukenhof? Does one need to use both a windmill and tulip ticket for both the entrance and the bus ride?

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

We were at Damrak 34 this past Monday to try to use a Holland Pass tulip or windmill ticket for the bus to Keukenhof. The place was crazy with people booking tours, we were told that we would have to wait for the 1 pm bus. And it was confusing. We walked to Central Station, took the train to the airport, and purchased round trip bus tickets on the Keukenhof Express for 8 Euro each. Personally I don't think that the Holland Pass was very clear on the whole procedure regarding using their tickets. After the fact, I wondered if I could have used a Tulip or Windmill ticket for the bus ride that we picked up at the airport. I forgot to ask.

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

I don't have any personal experience, but look at this english language page of the Holland Pass Keukenhof Express and read what it says.

http://tinyurl.com/bwgvn6o

It cleary says "free entrance" , use ticket X OR use ticket Y.

I assume the catch is either it's only three hours at the Hof and/or there are too many tourists to get on board the bus.

Edited: 28 April 2013, 21:57
Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

kuber82, just read you post in the other thread about calling them. forget my post above, obviously the website isn't correct. I will re check the info and maybe call them myself

Juan-les-Pins...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

Hello !

I 'm french and I would like taking the holandpass to go to keukenhof, I don't know if i can take the bus 854 but I think :

http://www.hollandpass.com/keukenhof

Does anyone know ? Thanks !

Faustine

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,990 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Keukenhof Express using Holland Pass

Yes, the 'molen' (windmill) ticket allows using bus 854 or 858.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]