We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

Hi All,

I am returning to Amsterdam this Oct, and we have booked an apartment in the Westerpark area, near Zeeheldenbuurt. I have been trying to locate some coffee shops nearby! Can anyone help me out?

I have found one called Barentszstraat Coffee Shop, just around the corner from our apartment, and I am still on the hunt for more...

If anyone can recommend any restaurants or supermarkets in the area also I would be much obliged!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,798 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Map.html

Its not eaxacty a haven of coffee shops around there you would be better heading into towm to the Harleemerstraat.

I like the Westergasfarbriek, there's a couple of nice bars there and the Westerpark itself is a nice walk. You could take the free ferry across to the Ijkantine on the NSDM warf and then the other ferry back to Centraal Station which is a cool free ride.

There's a Marqt organic supermarket on the Barentszplein 7

www.marqt.com/?p=winkelsenopeningstijden

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

Thank you. The ferry sounds interesting :)

Do you know if there is any late night shops or off licences in that area (somewhere to buy spirits, vodka/jagermeister etc).

I know it is indeed slim pickings! It wasn't my choice of location but we will still make the most of it. I will be staying in the Winston for a night at the end of my stay, so I am looking forward to having my pick of places there!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,798 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

It's not my part of town but I googled nightshop or avondwinkel and this is the only one

Ed's Exotische Avondwinkel

Van Noordtstraat 4-24

Only open until 7pm but there is a Gall & Gall, Haarlemmerdijk 77.

If you are coming through the airport then there is a shop there which sells all sorts of stuff just near the burger king.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

Try coffeeshop De Republiek www.coffeeshopderepubliek.nl. It is not around the corner but nearby and they have at least 10 choices of weed on the menu.

Dublin
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

Thanks Guys!

That's a huge help :)

@Ronaldo - I think we are better off stocking up in Dublin airport when we are leaving. We had a similar problem finding shops which sold spirits earlier this year. Thanks for the shops info.

@El-Duderino - Cheers :) I have read that Barentszsraat Coffeeshop has a pretty small menu. I like a bit of variety! :)

Are either of you attending ADE?

6. Re: Smoking Advice - Westerpark Amsterdam, near Zeeheldenbuurt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 09:47