We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amistad Hotel

North Carolina
2 posts
Amistad Hotel

My partner and I are planning on staying at the Amistad from May 8-15. We orginally booked a room and then found out from here that we would have to pay in cash, as our room was at the B&B down the street.

We didn't feel comfortable taking that much cash ($1,000), so requested to stay at the hotel. They obliged and said we'll be staying in Room 2. Anyone been in this room to know if it's OK or are we making a big mistake by switching from the B&B to the hotel side of things? Any comments are greatly appreciated! ;-)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Amistad Hotel

Zeniod,

My partner and I have stayed in rooms 4 and 5 at the hotel ... they are VERY nice rooms (5 is much bigger than 4). Not sure which room 2 is ... does it have a private bath? If it is the one on the ground level, behind the breakfast room: I always thought that room might be noisy (not exactly sure though).

I think the B&B is actually at the owner's house down the street. If that is the one I am thinking of: it is a great place too. I guess it just depends on what you actually expect out of the hotel vs the B&B. The B&B is just that ... staying in someone elses house: very cozy and the guys that own the hotel are GREAT people. The hotel is great too: a very small hotel, but usually a very nice bunch of people staying there. It is gay owned and operated, but you can never assume those staying there are gay. I have seen all kinds of guests there.

If you are worried about the money aspect: get one of those body wallets that goes under your t-shirt, so the only way it would be stolen is if you are strip searched for it.

My parnter and I are going to be in AMS too around the time you are there - 11-21 May. We are staying at one of their apts down the street from the hotel. Maybe we will see ya when we are all there. :)

North Carolina
2 posts
2. Re: Amistad Hotel

Thanks for your reply. I think we'll be fine. We have stayed at what appear to be much worse places in other European cities.

We'll look for you... we'll be the two young guys from North Carolina. I say young, but that's relative isn't it ;-)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
356 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Amistad Hotel

So you are staying at the hotel in room 2?

Steve and Jerry here. We stop by the hotel often to use the internet. Hope to meet ya in a few weeks :)