We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amsterdam without the night life?

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
amsterdam without the night life?

we have been offered the chance of a 2 week holiday in amsterdam next year, it looks great and there seems plenty to do, but generally hear about amsterdam in the context of stag do's, drinking/smoking and night life

is it easy to avoid that side of things? we are more interested in seeing the city, sighteeing, eg historic sights, gardens etc and going out for nice meals in the evening etc

i should also add that by this i mean staying in the centre of amsterdam, i know that not all of amsterdam is all about the night life

many thanks

Edited: 18 June 2012, 17:51
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,133 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amsterdam without the night life?

There really are not that many stag/hen parties coming here any more as it can be an expensive place to go out. Still see them in the RLD but yes they are easy to avoid and definately none in the museums!!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,551 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amsterdam without the night life?

After you have been you will clearly see how silly your worry was.

Not that your question is silly

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amsterdam without the night life?

There is TONS to do outside of bars/coffee shops, and when I've been there it seems as most of the stag parties are confined to the RLD. Have fun!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,092 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amsterdam without the night life?

I'm constantly amazed that you can find yourself a block away from Dam Square, RLD, Rembrandtplein, etc and it's quiet and peaceful. You could never tell the debauchery that's happening 100m away.

Mentioned in this post
Dam Square
Dam Square
11,931 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Rembrandtplein
Rembrandtplein
2,007 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5. Re: amsterdam without the night life?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:47