We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful blue boat location AND bike trip Bruges to Delft

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
153 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful blue boat location AND bike trip Bruges to Delft

Hi fellow travellers,

My husband and I have just booked a flight for a 3week trip to Holland July-August this summer. We are considering renting the "beautiful blue boat" for 13 days mid-July this summer. See link.

www.housetrip.com/en/rentals/21035?et=17#

We stayed in an apartment very near this on our last trip 6 years ago and liked its central location.

Questions: am concerned about noise from street traffic - thoughts?

We are also planning on bringing our bikes with us for ready made transportation in Amsterdam, on day trips, and for a Bruges to Delft cycle trip in August.

Seeking your views about the security of having bikes - locked, of course - at the blue houseboat. And whether it is easy and not too costly to take our bikes on local trains (eg, to Alkmaar, Hoorn then cycle to Enkhuizen, Haarlem etc).

Have started reading about routes, esp LF1, but would be grateful for your expertise, experience, ideas or tips on the Bruges to Delft cycle trip.

I realize these are two distinct topics and several questions and that i may have to post separately, but responses on either topic or any questions are MUCH appreciated.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,021 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful blue boat location AND bike trip Bruges to Delft

Hi there,

Well partial answers only.

1] Does seem a bit noisy at daytime, due to traffic and also building work across the water (next to Doubletree hotel). However at night should be fine.

2] If you find a place at the boat away from the entrance/streetviewing area, and lock well, should be okay.

3] Bringing bikes on the train is allowed outside morning and evening rush, and costs around 6 euro/bike/day independent of distance. (As your normal ticket will have a price related to distance already.)

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,901 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful blue boat location AND bike trip Bruges to Delft

I would only be concerned about traffic from the Prins Hendrikkade but I think you are far enough away and also lower down than the road to hear much.

A lot of the construction has been completed around the area now althogh still some going on the last time I passed by. The road going past this houseboat is only a service road so no through traffic. At night I would say hardly any at all.

I guess there is a small terrace on the water from the pictures. You could easily put your bikes there overnight. I doubt even the most dedicated bike thief would want to go into the dock to get your bikes.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
63 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful blue boat location AND bike trip Bruges to Delft

Thanks for your helpful "expert" advice, EricdR and RonaldoC. Much appreciated.

4. Re: Beautiful blue boat location AND bike trip Bruges to Delft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:47