We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport options

Glasgow, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
public transport options

Hi Folks.

My wife and I will be arriving at Schiphol about 9pm in July for 3 nights. We'll be staying at a hotel in Haarlem. I'm wondering what my best options are for getiing around. We'll probably take couple trips into Amsterdam (via the train) and maybe out to the beach. We might need the trams while in Amsterdam as well. Should we just pay for transport as we need it, or are we better off each getting a OV Chipkaart? Would the OV Chipkaart be usefull gettiing us back and forth from Haarlem to the airport? Can we just hop on the trains with a OV Chipkaart ?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport options

It will probably be better to pay as you go. With the OV Chipkaart you would need to keep a minimum €20 on the card to use the train. For train fare and schedule information http://www.ns.nl/en A one hour pass for the trams in Amsterdam are €2.70. Try taking the Sternet 300 to/from Haarlem.

Peace

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,587 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport options

yes, bus 300 is best way to get from airport to haarlem..you can pay the driver....make sure bus says "haarlem" on the front. otherwise you might find yourself on the way to amstelveen

Edited: 04 June 2012, 21:27
3. Re: public transport options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 01:10