We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

Tustin
Level Contributor
16 posts
Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

Hello,

I don't see any recent posts on this; will be traveling from Antwerp to Amsterdam 6/6 via Thalys.

Is it recommended to purchase ticket in advance? Since this is a Wednesday, anyone aware how likely this route will/not be at capacity around 9:00?

I am uncertain if I will want to leave earlier or later which is why I am hesitant to book in advance.

Cheers!

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,790 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

They release dirt cheap tickets at 90 days out. Not booking in advance, the ticket will be more than twice as much. The sooner you book the lower the fare will be. Capacity isn't a major concern.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,712 posts
2. Re: Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

if you arent certain when you want to leave you can take an IC train for €31..no reservation or advance booking required..if taking the thalys you need a reservation for a specific train..its an hour faster and cost €39.. but book quickly as thalys is just like an airline..the longer you wait the more it costs.

http://www.nshispeed.nl/en

Tustin
Level Contributor
16 posts
3. Re: Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

I wasn't certain if prices changed depending on the day/time like airlines. I will book right now.

Thank you!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,860 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

You can get from Antwerp on the eurolines bus for 7 euros . Takes three hours as opposed to about half that on the Thalys and 2 hours by IC train.

5. Re: Antwerp to Amsterdam by Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:46
Get answers to your questions about Amsterdam