We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Launderette near Van Ostadestraat.

Sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Launderette near Van Ostadestraat.

Hi, we are finally ready to make our long awaited trip to Amsterdam and cannot wait! We are staying on Van Ostadestraat and wondering if there is a launderette near by as we won't have a washing machine in our apartment? I am hoping we can walk to near by supermarkets? We are wanting to see the Anne Frank House also and would like to know how to get there. Any tips for the area would be very welcome! Thanks Annie.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,006 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Launderette near Van Ostadestraat.

Hi there,

Yellowpages.nl gives a.o.

Centerwash, Van Ostadestraat 53, 1072SN Amsterdam

and there should be a few more. Ron lives in that area so let's wait for him for more tips; plenty of supermarkets nearby.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,889 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Launderette near Van Ostadestraat.

Hi there. Van Ostadestraat runs all the way from the corner of my street to the Amsteldijk so a length of 1.4km. Which end are you at?

The place Erik mentioned I used once before. They will do a service wash for a fairly reasonable price. I only used them once when I moven in here before my washing machine was delivered but they were ok and have been there for years.

On the Ferdinand Bol there is also a Clean Centre by the Heineken Plein which ia used to use a lot and there's a new place on the Heineken Plein itself which is pretty funky. They have a coffee bar and free w-fi.

At the Van Woustraat there's the Wasserette van Wou Van Woustraat 118hs which is at the Amstel end of the Van Ostadestraat. So plenty of choice.

To get to AF you can teke the tram #3 or #12 to the Roxengracht and walk 10 minutes or change there to the 13 or 14 one stop to the Westerkerk..

If the weather is nice though rent bikes.

As Erik said I live in the area so may even bump into you! Let me know if you need any more local help.

Sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Launderette near Van Ostadestraat.

Thank you so much for your reply. We are staying about half way on that street and close to Ferdinand Bol I think?? so will look for the two launderettes you mentioned there. A coffee and free wifi while we do the washing would be nice! I think we will need to look for a good map of Amsterdam so we know where everything is and where the trams leave from? Do they have tourist offices there to help with maps etc? We will probably do early morning walks to check everything out and plan our days. Many thanks again, you have been really helpful and we appreciate your advice!

Annie.

4. Re: Launderette near Van Ostadestraat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:45