We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frustrated trying to print train ticket to Bruge

11 posts
Save Topic
Frustrated trying to print train ticket to Bruge

I have read so many of the entries about tickets to Bruge. I have tried various sites and methods but have had no luck being able to print an abs ticket for Amsterdam to Bruge. Although it says it will be there, it is not there when I try to go through the ticketing process. I am totally frustrated. Could someone please advise me which site and how to do it? I want to book the Thayls train for Amsterdam to Bruge for April 19. I want the 9:16 to Brussels. I looked at going through Antwerp but you there was a wait in Antwerp that was as long as the extra time being on the train to Brussels. I want the 17:50 from Brussels to Amsterdam on April 20 Thanks. Anything you could do to help would be wonderful.

Anthem, Arizona
Level Contributor
455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frustrated trying to print train ticket to Bruge

Good luck with your quest. I couldn't do an ABS Thalys ticket either. We're traveling from Amsterdam to Bruges as well, and I ended up just getting a Thalys ticket to Brussels, and then we're going to purchase the Brussels to Bruges train ticket when we get to the Brussels-Midi station. The Thalys website told me I could not purchase this type of ticket online. Oh well.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frustrated trying to print train ticket to Bruge

If you go on to www.tgv-europe.com you'll be able to book it without a problem. I've just done a dummy booking.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,877 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frustrated trying to print train ticket to Bruge

Hmmm.. you apparently want to print off a ticketless ticket. How does that work. Anyway ABS is not available on ticketless,never has been. Just select paper tickets and print them off. Use the site Brian gave or the Belgian site http://www.b-europe.com/

However the cheaper tickets on the Thalys have gone already and you are looking at a whopping €160 for a ticket. Would you not just be better taking the IC train. No booking, no fuss, just turn up at the station and buy. € 96,00 for the ticekt.

You could save even more money by buying a round trip from Essen (just across the border) to Brugge for €35.80. Get 2 day tickets from the AH special NS day tickets for €16 each to cover your journey to and from the Dutch border and your total cost will only be €67.80.

Edited: 05 April 2012, 15:13
4. Re: Frustrated trying to print train ticket to Bruge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:45