We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tobacconists

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
tobacconists

hi there, i am wanting to get tobacco old holborn as a gift for my dad when i am away, is there a lot of tobacconists in amsterdam or would i be just better getting it on my outbound flight?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,583 posts
81 reviews
1. Re: tobacconists

Yes there are lots of tabacs here and you can also buyfrom supermarkets. or even at Schiphol on the way home. It will be a lot cheaper here than in Belfast.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: tobacconists

thanks for the advice, i just wasnt sure if there was a lot of tabacs, so i will eave it to get it in amsterdam

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
3. Re: tobacconists

i cant remember the names but these two places i frequented that are true tobbaconists..not just some place that sells cigs...

one is on kalverstraat...about half way down between dam and spui

the other on leidsestraat between keizergracht and prinsengracht...most of time i bought my cigs and strippenkaarts here..

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
4. Re: tobacconists

thanks loads, he only smokes old holborn but i woud like to get him a gift too, and i thought a tobacconists would be a good place for a lighter or something

London, United...
Level Contributor
729 posts
5. Re: tobacconists

My dad is also a roll-up smoker, although Golden Virginia rather than Old Holborn. I buy him a 10x50g pack on my twice yearly Amsterdam trips from John N Andringa Tobacconist at Reguliersbreestraat 2. It's directly opposite the Munt Tower end of Singel flower market. I buy at this shop more out of habit than anything else as there are tobacconists al over Amsterdam. I do like the old school vibe of this shop though.

www.johnnandringa.nl

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
6. Re: tobacconists

thats great, thanks for that address

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,720 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: tobacconists

I love that tobbacconist Silverjet mentions. The lady there was so nice.

glasgow
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: tobacconists

alison 2603.did you get old holborn?? on the same quest next week

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: tobacconists

Alison has not posted on TA since April. Your odds of a reply are slim to none.

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: tobacconists

If at all helpful, my husband always buys Javaanse Jongens rolling tobacco when we visit Rotterdam, and paid 5.90 Euro each for 40 gram packs in April 2012. (I discovered that I could only buy UK Superkings in the Brussels Midi/Zuid station en route, but at 48 Euro per carton of 200, yippee!!)