We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Amsterdam to Brugge

darnestown md
Level Contributor
197 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Amsterdam to Brugge

I am trying to book my one way train from Amsterdam to Brugge for May on the b-europe website. It actually looks like the Thalys/IC combination is 46E and the IC/IC combination is 48E. I may go with the Thalys/IC as it is cheaper and faster but had a few questions:

1. Should I pick Amsterdam(NI) Central as my departure point?

2. Is my arrival to the Brugge(Be) or Brugge-St Pieters (Be) station.

3. Connection in Antwerp(from Thalys to IC train) is very short 6 minutes. Does anyone know if the IC train track is nearby?

4. I was considering waiting until I am in Amsterdam to decide when I want to leave for Brugge. However, I am wondering if the train prices will increase as it gets closer to my departure date.

thanks so much for your help!

Edited: 24 March 2012, 17:32
Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brugge

< Should I pick Amsterdam(NI) Central as my departure point? >

Yes.

< Is my arrival to the Brugge(Be) or Brugge-St Pieters (Be) station. >

Brugge (Be).

< Connection in Antwerp(from Thalys to IC train) is very short 6 minutes. Does anyone know if the IC train track is nearby? >

It isn't really nearby, but it doesn't matter. If you miss the 6-minute connection to the IC train, you can simply take the next one, which will be roughly half an hour later. A Thalys ticket is tied to the specific Thalys train you book it for, but not to a specific connecting train.

< I was considering waiting until I am in Amsterdam to decide when I want to leave for Brugge. However, I am wondering if the train prices will increase as it gets closer to my departure date. >

No problem for you to do that if you choose the IC + IC option because the prices are fixed. Thalys + IC will cost (much) more if you don't book until the last minute.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,741 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brugge

As noted, IC-IC option will be the same. Those trains require no reservations and have a fixed price. You can buy your ticket at the station on day of travel at the same cost as you would pay today.

For the Thalys-IC option, it is best to purchase in advance. Reservations are mandatory for the Thalys portion of the trip and you must travel on the train reserved. The lower fares you see now are non-refundable/non-changeable.

As noted, prices will go up as your travel date nears. These tickets use a fare structure similar to a LCC airline system. Lowest fares go on sale 90 days out and then go up as the travel date nears and the lower fares sell out.

3. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Brugge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:46