We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

Does anyone have experience booking on the official german rail website for train tickets to Germany. Each time I try to check out it tells me the reservation may not be confirmed but still allows you to pay.

Looking to book cheap rail tickets from Amsterdam - Hannover - Hamburg - Berlin in May. Is there a call center in the USA. I emailed the office in AMS, no reply yet.

Thanks

Fort McMurray...
Level Contributor
16 posts
1. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

I booked my train tickets from Amsterdam to Berlin from here

nshispeed.nl/en/intercity-berlin/by-intercit…

it was pretty easy for me and I could print my tickets right away as well

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

I've used the Deutsche Bahn website several times over the last few years without problems. No there is not a US call center, so if you need to speak to someone it'll be an international call. + 49 1805 - 996633

Peace

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,738 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

I've bought many tickets on bahn.de.

Many connections won't have reservations, you just board the train and look for a seat. Did you purchase and were you given a PDF ticket to print out?

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
16,172 posts
127 reviews
4. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

I just tried it and gave in Amsterdam - Berlin, May 8, and the cheapest fare was 39 Euro. And you are right, from Amsterdam to Hilversum there was no reservation available, but from Hilversum to Berlin you can get a seat reservation. No idea why.

From Amsterdam to Hilversum it´s just about 20 min though...

Edited: 22 March 2012, 15:59
Luxembourg City...
Destination Expert
for Luxembourg City
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
5. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

Amsterdam-Hilversum is a domestic service, for which it is not possible to reserve.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

Thanks everyone for your reply. I emailed the office in Amsterdam with my reservation including times and trains, they sent back a pdf reservation, all I need to do now is pay in Amsterdam.

Edited: 23 March 2012, 04:32
Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,407 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

You can book online, ignore that silly message, and you'll be fine.

Without seeing the exact context I cannot be 101% sure what it is trying (very badly) to say, but I think it's simply trying to tell you that you can't reserve for the Amsterdam-Hilversum bit, so you're not guaranteed a seat (but will get a seat on 99.9% of occasions and even if you don't, so what, it's a short hop and you'd simply stand up in the aisle or entrance vestibule, no big deal). To me this is so obvious it's hardly worth stating, and for someone to whom this is not obvious the message confuses them so does more harm than good!

Basically, if bahn.de lets you book something, you can't go far wrong.

8. Re: Booking on the bahn.de website for train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 18:47