We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,065 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

http://www.ah.nl/ns

AH are doing this offer again. You can only buy the vouchers in store from the 12th March until the 18th march ans from 2nd April until the 8th April. They are valid up until the 17th June this year

Day cards can be used to travel throughout the NS network for one full day and normally cost €48 per person so this is a great deal.

If you need some then as usual I can be persuaded to buy them for you and send you the codes by e-mail.

Please note that these are for off peak travel so after 0900 weekdays and the whole day on the weekend.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

sent you a PM :)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

I might have to take you up on that Ron.

Peace

Buffalo Area
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

Ron,

Thanks for the great info on the NS day card. I sent my land lady an e-mail asking her to buy one or two for me if I sent her the Euros in advance. Would I be able to use two of them myself, or is there a limit per person? I also understand that I would be able to use them in May?

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,616 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

No limit per person, we regularly buy a small supply and then use 2 or so per person within the allotted validity.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
6,392 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

Last year i used 3 of them over a 10 day period. So easy to use! Simply print out!

Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

I'll be in Netherlands from 02-05 April. Where can we get these? Is there an English website as I don't understand the dutch language.

Mentioned in this post
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

Jomeow, if you read the first post it has all the information. You can only purchase the vouchers in the store.

Buffalo Area
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

Bravo to RonaldoC for letting us know of the AH Day Rail Card. :-)

The renter/owner of the apartment I am staying at has purchased my voucher, and I will pay her for it upon my arrival. She has sent me the code for printing because she does not have a printer.

FYI - I used babelfish.yahoo.com to translate the AH.NL/NS website which helped me out. Now I just have to figure which day I wil choose to travel on, and then type in my code for my voucher.

One Question-

Should I assume that I would take this voucher to the NS Service Counter to obtain a ticket?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,065 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

No the printout is the ticket. Just get on the train.

UK
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NS rail day card for €16 offer on again from AH

Can i ask you please if we staying six nights in ams , planing to go k'hof and day trip to delft/hague etc which travel card is good ?that ns rail card is ok to use all train/tram/metro etc within ams and out as well? Thanks. Yas