We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weesperzijde

nashville, tn
Level Contributor
117 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Weesperzijde

Hey guys-

new to the amsterdam forum. We are two couples planning 3 days in Amsterdam. We are 3 chefs and one "civilian" who enjoy nightlife and markets etc. Would Weesperzijde be a decent area?

Any other suggestions on areas?

Thanks for any help

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,979 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weesperzijde

Yep that's a very nice area, just on the Amstel river. Albert Cuyp market, Dappermarkt are both walking distance a 2 starred an two 1 star restaurant also in De Pijp plus my favourite Indian place, Surya where I ate last night.

Edit I forgot the restaurant at the Amstel IC has a star also so mak that three 1 starred places.

Edited: 11 March 2012, 22:26
Mentioned in this post
The Amstel
The Amstel
1,713 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Albert Cuyp Market
Albert Cuyp Market
1,905 Reviews
Surya
Surya
135 Reviews
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,458 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weesperzijde

lovely area of town..along the amstel river..not that far out from the center..metro stop close by if needed..but you could still walk into the center if you wanted

nashville, tn
Level Contributor
117 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weesperzijde

Thanks to all for the quick response. Looking forward to our fall trip to Amsterdam!

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
4. Re: Weesperzijde

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:46