We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

Level Contributor
109 posts
29 reviews
hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

We can't pack light for this trip - wedding in warm clime and later cruise to Baltic/artic - so we'll have heavier luggage (also w/ airline 1 bag plan), and so we can't climb narrow stairs lugging it up. (Also, we're not decrepit, but we're not young anymore!) Therefore, does anyone know of a reasonably priced hotel w/ a lift for late May? Thanks for any help!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
6,305 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

Just a thought

You may want to read the Priceline threads here

You can get a nice 4 or 5 * hotel in the around $100 or less range

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g188590-i60-k29065…

Edited: 09 March 2012, 06:16
London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
2. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

Convent Hotel. Couldn't rate it highly enough, just got back from a very nice stay there, they have lifts.

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
3. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

so does the intercontinental amstel, but like the convent not within their budget..take a look at the owl...nice little hotel..took a tour once as i comtemplated an extended stay there..

www.owl-hotel.nl/gb/…

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,765 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

I strongly suggest that look at Priceline NYOP bidding.

Stay in a nice upscale 4* or 5* with a lift for 1 or 2 star prices. And its not just the lift. Everything else including room size will be better.

As far as value nothing else is going to come remotely close.

London, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
5. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

Strange? $150-170 isn't in their price range, i paid 100 euro per night in The Convent.

Level Contributor
109 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

Thanks, everybody! I'll get on these ideas!

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
7. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

End of May prices will really depend on weather weekend or midweek; have a try on lastminute if you dont want to try priceline, their secret hotels are usually very easy to figure out.

I always stay at hotels with lifts and always pay below £100 per night, usually about £80 per night and over last few years have stayed at Westcord City Centre (Westcord art and fashion too, but they are not 'in town)', Hotel CC, Die Port Van Clef and a good secret deal at the Barbizon Palace.

Good luck.

Qld
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

We too are looking at securing 4-5 nights in Amsterdam from the 26th of May,2013 it is a challenge ! I have tried a few times on Priceline, but no luck yet however I have not yet gone to us$80 yet, but looks like that is where we will be heading in the next few days. Had no idea Amsterdam was this expensive !!

By the time we do two rooms with taxes it is way over what I had thought I would be able to get accommodation for us for.

Level Contributor
109 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

We ended up staying at the Hotel Alexander and were very, very pleased with our accomodations! I can't remember the exact price now, but by paying there non-refundable price on booking.com I believe the price fell below that in mid-May and included a really nice breakfast! I think I wrote a review, but I can't recall for sure and don't have time to check right now. The location was great, too.

10. Re: hotel w/ lift in $150-170 range?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 23:45