We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

Hi,

I'd planned on being in Amsterdam from Feb 22/23 - Sun., 26th. However, I have a flight out of BRU @ 10:30am on Sunday morning and it looks like there aren't any trains that would get me to BRU earlier enough. Ugh. Is there any early morning bus service to BRU on Sundays?

Thx!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,358 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

Hi there,

Check eurolines.com. Other than that no long-distance buses in Netherlands...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

Thanks ErikdR. I checked the site and their earliest bus doesn't get in til 12pm.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,358 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

That means a night stay in Brussels (the IC train from Amsterdam stops at Central and Zuid/Midi, the Thalys only at latter) or Zaventem (airport). Shuttle train city-Zaventem stops at both of these stations.

Sorry.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,384 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

You could take a flight but that would be very expensive.

I don't understand why you or anyone would think it a good idea to stay in a different country to where your early morning Sunday flight leaves from.

Looks like a night in Brussels for you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

I was originally planning on arriving in BRU and then departing from AMS.  Then I scored an ORD-BRU round trip tckt for $295.  Couldn't pass that up and was just hoping I might still be able to swing Amsterdam on the last night of my trip (Saturday). 

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,384 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

>>I scored an ORD-BRU round trip tckt for $295.<<

REALLY! can you be my travel agent?? That is the cheapest transatlantic I have ever seen since Sir freddie Laker's airline went bust. Where did you get that deal? Was it non rev or something?

7. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 February 2012, 21:50
Edited: 09 February 2012, 21:50
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

Non-rev? I wish!

Get me from Amsterdam to BRU by 8:30am on a Sunday morning in late February, then I’ll tell you. ;-)

Edited: 09 February 2012, 21:53
9. Re: Early (Sunday) morning transportation from Amsterdam to BRU

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2013, 15:02