We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queen's Day to Keukenhof

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
822 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Queen's Day to Keukenhof

On Queen's day (mon april 30) would you say it would be better to take the train from Amsterdam Centraal to schiphol or Leiden and the bus from there? I wonder if it is better to go to Leiden because the buses appear to run to Keukenhof earlier than from Schiphol. Thanks

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,964 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

Hi there,

Road traffic, esp. at the start of the 170 and 197 buses to Schiphol area, will be affected more than outbound train traffic. So yes you could take an early train and then the Hof bus.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

you dont want to be in amsterdam in queens day?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
822 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

I am coming to Amsterdam from Paris just to ride a bike through the bulb fields! I didn't even know it was Queen's Day when I booked my train ticket from Paris on Sunday and my flight home on Tuesday. I've been to Amsterdam a few times, so didn't think I wanted to stay too long.

I still want to know if taking the train to Leiden instead of Schiphol will allow me to get to the gardens earlier. That way, I could get back to Amsterdam for some of the festivities!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
822 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

I still want to know if taking the train to Leiden instead of Schiphol will allow me to get to the gardens earlier. That way, I could get back to Amsterdam for some of the festivities! Thanks!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
61,964 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

It's all your own priorities. YES, if you go though Leiden you can be at Hof earlier but it also costs extra money (train stretch Schiphol-Leiden) ... ;-)

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Rotterdam, The...
Level Contributor
889 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

Getting into Amsterdam by train from Leiden or Schiphol in the afternoon (after your visit to Keukenhof) may be difficult though. During the past few years there have been significant delays due to overcrowding and people walking on the railroad tracks. So be prepared for a long journey. The later you return to Amsterdam, the quieter it will be.

7. Re: Queen's Day to Keukenhof

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 14:54