We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel suggestions July 21-23/12

Oro Station
Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Hotel suggestions July 21-23/12

Hi- would appreciate any suggestions- we are a group of 3 couples (all in our 50's) returning from a 10 day African safari-unfortunately we only have 2 nights to spend in Amsterdam. We realize that our time is very limited but we are eager to experience some of what the city has to offer.

We would all like to

stay in one hotel-in a convenient location for a little sightseeing-(hoping to do a river cruise amongst other things) Hopefully a 4 star rating-or close-I realize this is high season so prices will be a premium- have read suggestions on bidding for cheaper pricing but don't know if this would work for 3 couples all wanting to stick together?.

Anyway- whatever info and or suggestions would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,721 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Hotel suggestions July 21-23/12

You can bid for 3 rooms at the same time. That means if you get a win you will all be at the same hotel.

There are a lot of good 4 and l5 star hotels in AMS. But as you say quite expensive especially in the mid-summer.

l

The last two I stayed at were the 5* Marriott and the 4* NH Amsterdam Centre. Both quality hotels.

The amount of $$$ you want to or are willing to spend will play a big role in what method you use to get a hotel.

Bidding is certainly what I would do. But that is totally your call.

2. Re: Hotel suggestions July 21-23/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 15:50