We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1,366 reviews
Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

I am trying to get a nice hotel for my trip to Amsterdam in January. I will be traveling with my husband and our 2 teenager sons.

Hotels are very expensive comparing to other European cities.

I found that Conscious Hotel Museum (Square De Lairessestraat 5-7) and Conscious Hotel Vondelpark (Overtoom 519, 1054) have double rooms for around EUR75.-

I would like to know:

1. If its a good location for winter time

2. Which one is the best

3. Other tips or advice about hotels in Amsterdam

I'm in a budget but need to avoid depressing rooms and places. It should be a great experience to share with kids!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

Both of the hotels are relatively new and both located near each other just south of the city center. The Museum Square will be about 10 minutes closer to everything than the Vondelpark location. Not sure if anyone will have reviews here in the forum, here are the links to the TA reviews. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d230905…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d187907…

Another option might be the easyHotel in De Pijp, http://www.easyhotel.com/home.html

There is plenty of info here in the forums if you use the search above and read through the top questions on the right.

Peace

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1,366 reviews
2. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

Thank you Balou1999!.

I ve been looking the EasyHotel and it looks a good option.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,559 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

The Conscious Museum is pretty nice by all accounts. Very east to get to from the airport as the bus stops nearly outside. Also trams 16, 24, 5, 3 & 12 are within 100m so getting around is a cinch.

The easy hotel might be a good option also but if you are getting the Conscious for €75 that is a good price.

Have you thought of bidding on Priceline for a hotel?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,721 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

tripadvisor.com/…36781577

On a budget but want a nice hotel in a good central location?

You should at least consider the above link. Many others have.

You can bid for 2 rooms at the same time and still save money

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1,366 reviews
5. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

Thank you MrJohnMd for your advice.

I usually use Priceline to bid, but recently I had a disappointing experience when I got my Paris room in the farthest part of the area I was biding for. I didn t realize how extended was the area and the chances to get almost ouside Paris...So now I prefer to choose the hotel...I don t want to stay in a bad location.

As we are 4 I have to stay in 2 rooms so I am looking to spend not more than EUR 150 per night for the whole family.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
269 posts
1,366 reviews
6. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

Thank you RonaldoC. I feel more confident after reading your reply about Conscious Hotel.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,559 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

No worries. Re Priceline, there is extensive information about which hotels are currently available on the link John gave you. The furthest out you would get for a four star is the Movenpik near Centraal Station.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,721 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

To each their own. But I would at least read the 4 star threads (one is over 140 pages full of happy results) we have here before you decide.

Amsterdam is not Paris.

75 euros a night for a double room? You may be able to pick your hotel. But you will be hard pressed to get a 2 star for that money.

canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
63 reviews
9. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

Rent and apartment. This is one I just booked today. The owner is great and you get extra room.

www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p354321…

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: Advice about hotels and neighborhood in Amsterdam

CanadaXxxxxx, that apartment is more than double the OP's budget.

Peace