We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

I will be staying at these apartments in a few weeks and wanted to know if anyone has stayed here and what they thought of the place. It is located on Oudebrugsteeg Street. It is at the end of the Damrak and a few buildings away from the Grasshopper. I will be in the Warmoes II apartment, on the top 3rd floor. Thanks.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

I dont know the appartment but the area is very busy , lots of Coffee Shops , Bars and general nite life ! on the edge of Red Light District.

swindon
8 posts
1 review
2. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

I am looking to book the same apartments - I don't mind busy - but we are 4 females - not expecting anyone to say if it is "safe" or not - but could anyone suggest whether or not it's a good idea to be in that part of town or should we look elsewhere?

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

depends how open minded you are , jazzy. It is more or less the "gateway" to the RLD from Damrak. The area itself is not anymore unsafe than anywhere else..

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
4. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

I just got back from renting this apartment. The apartment was awesome and the owner, Jojo was very nice and did not bother us for our entire stay. We met him when we got there and he gave us the keys, explained a few things (Police station next door, not a problem at all though). Apartment was great (refrig., oven, clean, small but very comfortable beds, great view for people watching). the only downside was the church right outside the window only 100 yards away. Those dam bells ringing every 15 minutes!!!! After a long night out it was hard to get a good sleep, but it did not take away from my great vacation. The RLD is about 100 yards in the other direction from the church. Lots of stores and a very busy street. The club next door "The Cockring", was also loud at times at night. I loved the place and for the price it was bigger and better than staying in a hotel.

swindon
8 posts
1 review
5. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

Thanks to both of you - booking tonight!

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
6. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

Happy to help. I forgot to mention that there are 40 stairs to climb, as the apartment is on the 3rd floor. You will have a great time there! I took some pics from the inside and outside of the place and I will post them before the weekend is up.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

yw jazzy , have a great trip. If you are looking for a nice safe bar just for a drink and talk , try Cafe Corso , a short walk from your appartment.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

Hey

I am going to apartment warmoes 1 for the easter weekend :)

are those church bells really annoying? cuz im worried about the people im going with (not myself as im part deaf! lol)

what else is around the apartment/s?

Clark, New Jersey
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
9. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

Yes they are very annoying as it WILL disrupt your sleep. Across the street and down a few yards is a bar called Nelly's I believe, that was a good hangout for some drinks. Next to the apartment is a gay bar called CockRing, if your into that sort of thing. it is a very bust street and there are all sorts of stores and coffeeshops and bars up and down it. It is basically right between the Dam Square and The Grasshopper, a nice restaurant and coffeeshop.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
10. Re: Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast (Warmoes Apartments)

just got back yesterday!

Wow the apartment was amazing, brilliant location. Really is on the edge of the red light district!

Church bells were very random and slightly out of tune lol. but we had very long tiring days so we slept well despite!

really really recommend it!