We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
230 posts
Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

We are staying in Amsterdam in June of next year. We were thinking of staying on this houseboat. I went thruogh the forum but could not find anything on this boat. Has anybody stayed and if so, how was it.

Also, it is located Brouwersgracht and the Prinsengracht in Jordaan. Is that a convienent area to get to the Dam and other tourist sites.

Edited: 07 October 2011, 00:26
Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

I believe you meant the Prins & Brouwer... as it's located at the intersection of the Prinsengracht and Brouwersgracht canals. Great location. You will be surprised at how compact the old city is. You can walk from one end to the other in about 45 minutes, so if you stay anywhere inside the canal belt, you'll be just fine. And this boat is inside the canal belt. I would advise you simply walk through the Dam, as it's a tourist trap and not all that interesting (save for the church and palace.) There is much to see and do, and staying on a houseboat is exactly what we do when we're visiting. Enjoy!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
230 posts
2. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

You are correct, I mispelled the name of the boat. Thank you for the info sounds like it is in a great location. Do you have the names of any of the boats you would recommend. There are 4 of us in our group.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

The boat we stay aboard is also on the Prinsengracht, however it has one large bedroom in the rear of the boat, and the second bedroom (up in the front of the boat) is quite small with a recessed bunk bed and small bed, so would not work for adults. Sorry. There are many sites if you Google "Amsterdam houseboat rental".....have fun with your search and I hope your trip is great!

4. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 November 2011, 23:27
Amsterdam...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
5. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

IslaIxchel

Isla...

reviews: 10

“ Couldn't have had a nicer experience on the Prins&Brouwer! ”

Oct 24, 2009, 9:44 PM

So... we had booked the beautiful houseboat, Prins&Brouwer, for a weekend getaway and came across a negative review concerning it. This made us very nervous, but still we went ahead and stayed there. Thank goodness we didn't let this review freak us out! I know that everyone has bad stuff happen sometimes, myself included, however, I feel compelled to let everyone know just how WONDERFUL our experience was on the Prins&Brouwer. It is an absolutely gorgeous boat (engine and everything that would make it work as a boat has been removed): modern and comfortable. The weekend we were there was cold and rainy, and we looked forward to returning to our cosy nest at the crux of the Prinsengracht and Brouwersgracht in the Jordaan - a perfect location, I might add. Every touch is welcoming and home-like: in the top of the boat (the "wheelhouse"), a huge comfy bed-like sofa piled with tons of pillows awaits you. From this perch you can watch the world go by in cosy comfort. Downstairs it gets even better. Simple, stylish, clean and well-done aesthetic. Another super-comfy bed-like sofa is a perfect place to chill and watch movies (and they have a broad selection), the kitchen is fuly stocked with every gadget and necessity you would need to cook a gourmet meal, and the master bed is ridiculously comfortable. Our contact, Rene, was a delight. We have already booked two weeks in June 2010 and cannot WAIT. Oh, there is a large open-air market on Saturdays directly across the canal. What more can I say? I have stayed in hundreds of places around the world, and this is one of my favorites. Cheers!

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,711 posts
6. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

" Our contact, Rene, was a delight. "....and the 1 time poster is named rene....mmmm...lets see...no, im sure the above, although written like an advertisement, is legit..one of my new years resolution was to be less cynical and skeptical.

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
44 reviews
7. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

Another failed NY resolution Steve?

Anyway, I have reported it as advertising.

Portland, Oregon
1 post
8. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

I just wanted to let you know below link:

http://www.vrbo.com/230191

Here you can find all information and read reviews from previous guest.

9. Re: Prins & Bouwer Houseboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 00:45