We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
180 posts
66 reviews
3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

Dear TA advisors,

Our group of 5 people would be in Amsterdam from 7th May - 9th May, staying in WestCord Art Hotel. We plan to visit Keukenhof on Saturday the 7th May.

1. Will the tulips be blooming?

2. Is it better to hire a car or take the public transport combi ticket , followed by the hop on hop off bus?

2. If it is the car, what is the best place to hire a car for the day in Amsterdam?

3. Besides the Keukenhof, is there any other places we can drive around - for tulips or windmills?

Would appreciate feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

For tulips I have heard that Keukenhof is the best by a long way and I think, but you should google Amsterdam Tulip Season 2011 to check, that it is the Tulip Festival around your visit. There is a company that offer excursions to Keukenhof from Centraal Station and Schiphol for £20 pp including travel and entrance fee's but I have forgotten their name. I will tell you if I remember.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

Also, I would adivse that you dont rent a car as public transport in the Netherlands is very good and cheap where as cars are slower and more expensive.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

In the top questions on the right hand side of this page will have the answer to your tulip questions.

Peace,

Balou

4. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:46