We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
180 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

Dear TA advisors,

Our group of 5 people would be in Amsterdam from 7th May - 9th May, staying in WestCord Art Hotel. We plan to visit Keukenhof on Saturday the 7th May.

1. Will the tulips be blooming?

2. Is it better to hire a car or take the public transport combi ticket , followed by the hop on hop off bus?

2. If it is the car, what is the best place to hire a car for the day in Amsterdam?

3. Besides the Keukenhof, is there any other places we can drive around - for tulips or windmills?

Would appreciate feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam
WestCord Art Hotel...
2,972 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Keukenhof
Keukenhof
10,434 Reviews
Lisse, The Netherlands
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

For tulips I have heard that Keukenhof is the best by a long way and I think, but you should google Amsterdam Tulip Season 2011 to check, that it is the Tulip Festival around your visit. There is a company that offer excursions to Keukenhof from Centraal Station and Schiphol for £20 pp including travel and entrance fee's but I have forgotten their name. I will tell you if I remember.

Mentioned in this post
Keukenhof
Keukenhof
10,434 Reviews
Lisse, The Netherlands
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Centraal Station
Centraal Station
13,693 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Schiphol
Schiphol
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

Also, I would adivse that you dont rent a car as public transport in the Netherlands is very good and cheap where as cars are slower and more expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

In the top questions on the right hand side of this page will have the answer to your tulip questions.

Peace,

Balou

4. Re: 3 days in Amsterdam - help with planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 04:46