We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

London
2 posts
Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

Has anyone stayed here?????

Belgium
7 posts
1. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

yes, my boyfriend and me stayed there

nice place, nice nature, and we even went horseback riding for a reasonabel price.

It's really like any other family-vacation centre. If you go to any center Parcs in even Belgium, Germany of Holland, you've seen them all. There all the same and all quite fun.

Buckinghamshire...
2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

As a Centerparcs junkie I can recommend any of the Dutch / Belgian parcs. They are just the same if not better than the UK ones. They all seem to have an extra attraction which is free in addition to the swimming pool eg Jungle Dome, Discovery dome etc. Being English is not a problem, they all speak English. They are cheaper than UK Parks. STandard is high which ever you choose.

Go for it. I have been to Het Heijderbos and thoroughly enjoyed it. I have a booking for De Eemhoff for Easter.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
381 reviews
3. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

Yes agree, you get a much better deal in the European CP's compared to the UK.In the UK,which I believe are a separate company to CP Europe, they are far more expensive, even if you took into account the ferry/chunnel costs. Also when you are there, CP Europe offer many more facilities, and quite alot of free things too. I simply refuse to pay £600 odd for a 4 night stay in the UK, when just 3 hours from Calais I've paid £285 before for a 4 night stay during the Whitsun break at Erpaheide in Belgium which is the ultimate CP for small kids. Food is better, facilities are better, villas offer more for the money and people are always friendly.

You are "encouraged" to book a UK break with UK CP's, and from experience, booking direct with CP Europe, for the cost of a European phone call can save you £'s, and English is no problem out there.

Don't pay over the odds everyone, and don't be put off with the driving, it's nearly all motorway apart from the last 20 miles or so.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
381 reviews
4. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

Yes agree, you get a much better deal in the European CP's compared to the UK.In the UK,which I believe are a separate company to CP Europe, they are far more expensive, even if you took into account the ferry/chunnel costs. Also when you are there, CP Europe offer many more facilities, and quite alot of free things too. I simply refuse to pay £600 odd for a 4 night stay in the UK, when just 3 hours from Calais I've paid £285 before for a 4 night stay during the Whitsun break at Erpaheide in Belgium which is the ultimate CP for small kids. Food is better, facilities are better, villas offer more for the money and people are always friendly.

You are "encouraged" to book a UK break with UK CP's, and from experience, booking direct with CP Europe, for the cost of a European phone call can save you £'s, and English is no problem out there.

Don't pay over the odds everyone, and don't be put off with the driving, it's nearly all motorway apart from the last 20 miles or so.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

Het H was the first European CP we went to. We have now been to all but one of the Dutch and Belgium ones.

HH was by far the best. We made a small mistake at the end of our journey which meant we ended up driving round and round for hours even though we were 2 minutes away :-(

There is a very good horse riding school on site and the jungle dome is fantastic. The German border is near by and we went to Warner Bros Movie World one day.

poole dorset
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

ok i stayed in FEb 09

freezing cold of course and jungle dome closed all day friday main check in day

swimming only until 8pm

lots of building work being undertaken in the 600 700 cottages with new units being errected.

the road surfaces have deteriorated and have been very badly repaired in some places very tricky when rollerblading

everything now showing its age, staff some of whom couldnt care less in my opinion esp the junior ones.

also cars all over the place compared with when i first stayed here in 1997

our break was pretty much ruined by by the large groups weekenders who decend on these parks

wont be going back too far out anyway.........

7. Re: Center Parcs ' Het Heijderbos'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 11:48