We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

Hi. There's 12 of us going to Amsterdam on the 11th March, 6 adults and 6 kids ranging from 1 to 16. I'd like to book a restaurant for the Saturday night - not too expensive, and not too fussy. We're staying at the Ibis Stopera, so walking distance would be good. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

There are two good choices close to your hotel.

If you are into Chinese/Asian food, then the most excellent Nam-Tin will suit. It is well geared up to large groups, so I doubt if yours will be a problem; book in advance, though;it is busy at weekends: http://www.namtin.nl/

Alternatively across the road is Le Marais: good inexpensive French food and a large restaurant where a group will not be a problem.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

Hi thanks for this, but I was hoping for something a little more simple. We have 2 12 year olds, a 5 year old and a baby. Thai and French is probably more fancy than we'd like!! Any italians or anything around and about?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

Not sure why you think Italian is any 'simpler' than French food...my Italian friends would question that premise! And Chinese food is not Thai food!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

Sorry you couldn't help. Does anyone else (not necessarily a Destination Expert...) have anything useful to add (rather than questioning my definition of "simple")?

Thanks.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

If you mean some where such as a pizza joint or bog standard cafe, the Rembrandtplein - about 10 minutes walk from the Ibis Stopera - offers a wide variety of options that I am sure will fulfil your requirements. Check out Coco's Outback, for example.

Leiden, The...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

I want to ask the same question because I'll go to an opera at the Muziektheater at 13:30 on 1st May, Sunday and I plan to have a late lunch somewhere near Waterlooplein after the opera. Thanks for your recommendation of Nam Tin, but I found bad reviews here, so I'm not sure now... Do you have any personal experience with Nam Tin, Stuietoo?

7. Re: Nice reasonable restaurant near Waterlooplein please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 23:45