We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam to Norwich UK

We probably should've started our trip in the UK but our flights are booked from US into Amsterdam and we leave flr London Heathrow. We are trying to fly into Norwich (NWI) airport from Amsterdam one way. Prices are over the top. Does anyone have suggestions other than flying into Gatwick, Stansted etc? It's only a 50 minute air trip but none of the airlines are making it very easy. Trains too all go from Victoria. Any help most appreciated. This is my first post so will also post in Norwich and Flight Forums! Thanks for any help! Suze

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,901 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

The only choice is on KLM but you should try booking a return flight to Norwich and ditching the inbound to a dummy date.

Never advisable on KLM to book single fares as they are priced at the maximum flex rate.

You should get a flight for €99 at the moment as KLM have special round trip fares on sale right now. I just got a flight to Munich for €110. Also look at Skyscanner.net and it will compare multiple airlines and booking engines. I find ebookers to be consitently cheaper.

You do actually want to go to Norwich though? Your post is unclear. Do you want to go to Norwich for a visit then at some later point get to LHR.

I can't make sense of this statement

>>booked from US into Amsterdam and we leave flr London Heathrow. We are trying to fly into Norwich (NWI) airport from Amsterdam one way<<

Clarify it a bit and I'll try to help you.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Sorry. Our flight originates from Philadelphia into Amsterdam and we go home via Heathrow to Philadelphia. I have business in the Netherlands, then from Amsterdam we need to go to Norwich, spend a few days there (will rent car in Norwich) then drive into London area for our flight back to the States. Hope that makes more sense. Yes, our travel agent said to book a roundtrip on KLM but cannot seem to get lower rates ($600 x 2!!). Many thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

I did find a 200 pound sterling flight on KLM from where you suggested. Will keep checking it since it went down about 10 pounds sterling as I was fiddling around with the dates.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Why not take the train from Amsterdam to Hook of Holland then the ferry over to Harwich? From there you can either rent a car or take the train to Norwich.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Thanks much but the only times available were during the late afternoon arriving Harwich at 21 h 00. Will keep on it though. Many thanks!

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,901 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

What dates do you want to travel? Would not be too much of a struggle to take aone way flight on Easyjet to Stansted and rend a car there and then drive to Norwich (approx 1hr)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Ron, I agree; I already suggested that on the Air Travel forum.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Is 2 hour drive and most probably will go that route. Many thanks!

Cheers everyone for all your help. Many thanks.

London, UK
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Yeah, Stansted is your best bet undoubtedly.

If you're staying in Norwich city and don't need to get out into the countryside, you might well be able to do the trip without hiring a car. Norwich is fairly small and walkable in the centre (and the traffic is pretty bad). Bus services to the suburbs are good and there's a bus service from Stansted to Norwich.

Likewise, there's a frequent train service from Norwich to London, and in London itself you definitely don't want a car.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
36 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amsterdam to Norwich UK

Thanks much to all. We booked via Easyjet and actually only charged us £11 instead of £18 for extra luggage because we booked online. Total for my husband and I was $114.00 USD which compared to US prices is really inexpensive. Many thanks for everyones help & tips. Most US travel agents aren't aware that you can book EasyJet to/from the Continent. As for car, we have a good rate through EuroCar. Need to drive and see family in Norwich as well as going back through to LHR. Cheers and thanks again for all help we are set!

Edited: 06 March 2011, 22:57