We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about 3 star priceline bidding

seville
Level Contributor
42 posts
Question about 3 star priceline bidding

Hello

Does anyone can any experience bidding on a 3 star hotel in the museum center on Priceline? How much should I start bidding at? It would be for 2 rooms 4/20-4/24.

Also, only 1 in my group of 4 is 21. So she can legally bid on Priceline and both rooms will be in her name, but will it be alright that one of the rooms will not have a 21 year old staying in it?

Thanks so much!!

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Question about 3 star priceline bidding

As explained in our quite comprehensive article on PL NYOP, you can all but forget 3* as an option in Amsterdam.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g188590-c115136/Amste…

There is only one 3* hotel listed on the Betterbidding.com site and we haven't seen a win for that in years. NYOP only really works with 4* and 5* properties here.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,724 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Question about 3 star priceline bidding

Well the fact is we only know what has been posted by bidders as far as wins.

And for the last few years it has been nothing but 4 and 5 star wins at great prices.

But 3* hotels are being won through AMS NYOP bidding.

PL sends me emails that have wining prices by city----no dates---no hotel names----just wins that appear to leave out the really low wins we have seen here in the recent past. So the prices they send are not a real guide.

WE could advise you better if any of our members had actually had any 3 star bidding history. But they do not.

For years I have said exactly what Brian said above.

But my views have changed.

The spring-summer weekend prices for NYOP have gotten quite high for 4 and 5* this year.

The cost of those 1 and 2 star and dorm rooms are now quite expensive and no bargain much of the time.

What do you have to lose by bidding on a 3 star?

You should get a better hotel than booking a dorm, 1 , or 2 direct. And you should get it cheaper.

I fully plan to bid on a 3 my next trip. Having two different weekends in my summer trip.

My last 3 star win----a number of years back---was in a very nice well located hotel in a great location. It was a fine hotel and I had no complaints.

At much less $ than the 4* was going for at that time.

If you cannot land a well priced 4 star win----what do you have to lose?

I'd start low and have a high bid in mind that you will stop at.

Having no data to report is not the same as there being no wins out there.

3* are being won. Just not being reported.

Reconnaissance work can be lonely and a little tricky as you venture in uncharted lands.

Its not for the faint of heart. Or those that need a vetted road map to follow.

And if you bid on a 3----its recon work you will be doing.

Good Luck

Edited: 28 February 2011, 18:10
3. Re: Question about 3 star priceline bidding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 06:46