We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roads/pavements

Glasgow
Level Contributor
290 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Roads/pavements

Has most of the snow/ice thawed?so i know if i can get away with wearing high heels at night. Thanks :)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,468 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Roads/pavements

if it was july i dont think i would wear high heels around amsterdam..with the paving stones and cobble stones..crossing tram tracks, avoiding kamakaze bicyclists...perhaps maybe carrying them with you and changing before you enter a venue that you think you might want to wear them..that could be an option..

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,133 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roads/pavements

No snow but there was black ice this morning. Not many woman (or men) wear high heels in Amsterdam for the reasons Steve mentioned.

you really need to stop using that i-phone app and double posting please!!

Edited: 04 January 2011, 02:04
Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,468 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Roads/pavements

i leave my high heels at home for that very reason...;-)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
290 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roads/pavements

Thanks, i'll stick 2 flats n boots then. This app is drivin me crazy. Sorry guys

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roads/pavements

Yes, dodging the bikes is an art form best learnt without heels!

Have fun!

6. Re: Roads/pavements

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 12:07