We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis and renting an apartment in Amsterdam

Kentucky
Level Contributor
254 posts
Taxis and renting an apartment in Amsterdam

I just came back for the third time from Amsterdam. I jalways have a good opinion about taxi drivers in Amsterdam, I found this time that the new generation of cab drivers try to take advantage of the tourist like in many other cities, overcharging was the rule.The old generation was as honest as they always has been. I had the fortune of finding a taxi driver that spoke Spanish, English, German, Italian and French, very honest and very reliable., his name is Manuel Volquez and his e-mail is manpegsus@live.nl and his telephone number is 0031-641174219. I very highly recommend him.

I also decided to rent an apartment to have more space. I decided for one company who showed nice apartment in the internet, the name shortstay apartments. I was shock when I entered the apartment, the pictures had nothing to do with the way the apartment was, It was dirty, curtains in the main bedroom were falling, the carpet very dirty, humidity in the ceiling,it ruined my entire wedding anniversary celebration, besides, they supposed to pick me up at the airport and they never showed up.Please be aware of the internet pictures that has nothing to do with reality..Still I love this country and his people

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,712 posts
1. Re: Taxis and renting an apartment in Amsterdam

im sure manuel is an awesome guy and everything but i recommend just called TCA taxi at 020 777 7777 and arranging a cab..ive used them every time and they show up on time and they have always taken the direct route to and from the airport. i am familiar enough with amsterdam and surrounding area to know if they are jerking me around on the route.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
254 posts
2. Re: Taxis and renting an apartment in Amsterdam

Thanks, that is also a good suggestion, what I suggest is a more personal service, when I used to called those taxi cab number they sent me anyone and when they picked me up alredy they had al least Euro 7 in the taximeter. I never was charge that by Manuel not matter where I was or day or night..

3. Re: Taxis and renting an apartment in Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2011, 09:48