We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NH Amsterdam Centre -v- NH City Centre Hotels?

cork
5 posts
1 review
NH Amsterdam Centre -v- NH City Centre Hotels?

Hi there

Which is better one to stay in- I get the impression the Amsterdam one is a better location but can anyone recommend either or give any info about good rooms to request??

Thanks in advance :)

Eastbourne, New...
Level Contributor
520 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: NH Amsterdam Centre -v- NH City Centre Hotels?

I think it really depends on where you want to be. Both are central. The Amsterdam centre on Stadhouderskade is near Leidseplein and Vondelpark. It's a nice looking hotel, I pass it regularly. Walking distance to everywhere, and ten minutes from the station by tram.

The other one on Spuistraat is a little nearer Centraal Station, more right in the middle of things I guess.

If it was me, I'd go for Stadhouderskade, it's central, but withdrawn at the same time, and its a nice looking hotel from the outside. Perhaps a room at the back, the front is on a main street

Leicester, Uk
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: NH Amsterdam Centre -v- NH City Centre Hotels?

I have just written a review for NH Amsterdam Centre (should be on the site within a few days, after passing approval).

Not stayed at the NH City Centre myself but I would say that the trams are so good and and efficient, I would either chose the cheaper of the two, or the Amsterdam Centre as I reckon it's a better looking location.

I easily walked from Leidseplein to Centraal Station (not recommended when carrying luggage, of course) so its not like it's that far from reach other.

Depending what you're looking for, either should do the job. As my review will say, I thought the Ams Centre was a good quality hotel, although our room was on the small side. If you can get a free upgrade, all the better.

Two things I will point out, possibly applicable to the Ams City Centre as well

- Neither the gym or internet facilities are free. I have always had this at other hotels I've stayed at but not this one.

- Dunno if its a Netherlands Hotle thing, but the heating in the hotel room, would only work on the basis of +5 degrees higher than some arbitrary tempurature (also mentoined in someone elses review). As a result, the room did feel a bit chilly most of the time.