We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ams airport to IJMUIDEN SEAPORT BEACH holiday inn

Bedford, Virginia
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
ams airport to IJMUIDEN SEAPORT BEACH holiday inn

Planning a trip in late march to amsterdam and staying at the holiday inn at ijmuiden seaport beach.Please advise as to ground transportation from airport to amsterdam and the holiday inn at ijmuiden seaport beach.

Some made mention of buses in front of hotel running to amsterdam.

Thank you

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,626 posts
1. Re: ams airport to IJMUIDEN SEAPORT BEACH holiday inn

taken off hotel website -

Transportation to and from Hotel Schiphol (AMS)

Distance: 20 KM / 12.43 MI North West to Hotel

Taxi Charge (one way): 60,00 € (EUR)

Time by taxi: 25 minutes

Follow the A9 towards Alkmaar. Take exit IJmuiden and follow the signs for IJmuiden aan Zee. This will direct you to the beach and the marina, where our hotel is located. Please park your car next to the hotel.

Train

Station Name: Driehuis

Distance: 10 KM / 6.21 MI North West to Hotel

Taxi Fee From Train Station: 20,00 € (EUR)

just curious why you are staying ijmuiden...awesome deal? conference? catching a cruise?,,,gonna be a pain in the rear to come into town everyday.

i checked journey planner..i couldnt get the hotel address to work..so i just use the city ijmuiden...looks like you can take train to haarlem (from centraal station), then transfer to bus 75 to ijmuiden..where it drops you off in relation to hotel i dont know..when our local DE's wake up perhaps they will have more input...one thing that struck me is i thought to get to haarlem you had to transfer at sloterdijk..but journey planner didnt show that..i think i need DE help.

Edited: 30 January 2010, 06:33
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,511 posts
228 reviews
2. Re: ams airport to IJMUIDEN SEAPORT BEACH holiday inn

Hi there,

2 x per hour direct busline (82) to Amsterdam Sloterdijk station; strange enough a better connection than to Haarlem which is closer by. The bus takes 40 mins, should also be visible on journeyplanner.9292.nl. So first train to Sloterdijk from airport and then the bus (buy strippenkaart at kiosk).

Regards,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,485 posts
90 reviews
3. Re: ams airport to IJMUIDEN SEAPORT BEACH holiday inn

I suspect the OP is staying using Priority Club points as it is on special offer at the moment only 5000 a night

I have stayed there once I would suggest thinking about a rental car, it is very cut off. There are a few beach restaurants that will probably be closed in March and the hotel.

4. Re: ams airport to IJMUIDEN SEAPORT BEACH holiday inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 09:47