We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
315 posts
217 reviews
Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

We will be staying at the Moevenpick Hotel for 6 night in Sept. The first jet lagged day, we would just like to eat near the train station. Hopefully we can get our bearings and figure out the tram stop/systems for the nest day.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,174 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

What we usually do when there is crossing the road from station to near the Barbizon hotel, and enter the Zeedijk street. Right at the start, within 200 meters, are some lovely Chinese restaurants. Some shabby ones too, so smell and watch carefully before deciding.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,828 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

I'd second Erik's advice on Zeedijk. It is arguably the best street in Amsterdam for pubs and restaurants. There are places to suit all tastes but as it runs through Amsterdam's small Chinatown you can guess what the prominent cuisine is.

My particular favourites are Wing Kee (No alcohol served but fantasic Cantonese food) and A-Fusion.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

On the Warmoesstraat (parallel to the Zeedijk mentioned by Erik and Brian) is Restaurant Getto - great Australian restaurant with good cocktails too!

And walk down to the Nieuwemarkt and eat in the candle-lit In de Waag ( http://www.indewaag.nl/?English )

Also, don't miss the classic 1st Klas Restaurant on Platform 2 of the station itself; great even just for a cold beer!

There's more than just soggy noodles to this city's cuisine!! ;-)

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
4. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

as far as tram system..most, but not all, trams start at centraal station. across the street from centraal station is a white building which is main GVB building. they have wonderful free tram maps that show the routes and stops. you can also buy the strippenkaarts which are needed to ride the trams, unless you elect to pay cash for each ride.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
315 posts
217 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

Than you so much. I love Chinese food. Aslo thanks for the info about the train station and maps. Any pizza/Italian also?

Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
14,694 posts
6. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

since you love chinese i second brians recommendation for WINGKEE..good food, reasonable prices, good service.on zeedijk, almost to the end, right hand side.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,607 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

You could try Fifteen which is a Jamie Oliver Restaurant (if you don't know who that is think a nice Gordon Ramsay LOL). I'm not actually recommending you eat there as the three times I have been were a little disappointing but you might want to eat in a "celebrity" chef's restaurant.

My favourite place in that part of Amsterdam Is Don Julio's on the Pepperstraat which is a small brown bar serving Suranamese food. Cheap and tasty. Heel lekker!!

Ridgewood, New...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

Next to the Moevenpick, is the MusicGebouw, there is a very nice restaurant there. I would say it's kind of bistro style, with very nice views of the harbour, and not an expensive place. Also very nice for a late night drink. I believe in a previous thread on this topic there are restaurants in the area further away from the Centraal Station, in the area, so you may want to search that.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
315 posts
217 reviews
9. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

Thanks Ronaldo and action for the info. I am copying/pasting this. :-)

10. Re: Restaurants near the Train Station or Moevenpick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 10:48