We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Day Trip

New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Unique Day Trip

We're meeting our daughter, who is studying in Amsterdam, this weekend and are looking for suggestions for a unique day trip. I think she's had her fill of museums, history, etc. so we're looking for something beautiful and/or fun!

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique Day Trip

Rent a car and take her to Texel for the day!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,873 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique Day Trip

Ride a scooter out in the country:

http://scooterexperience.nl/home_english.php

New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique Day Trip

Great - we'll check it out. Thanks!

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique Day Trip

Big fun and very special was the BALLOON trip I took over Bruges, Belgium with www.bruges-ballooning.com . Really wonderul, but only in evenings or mornings, so you have to stay in Bruges. But that's such a delighftul city, to not miss anyway.

In Holland it can be done with www.ballonvaarderij.nl , see their Last Minutes this month of August from Breda (mainly), not so far away as Bruges and cheaper but I doubt if they match the fun we had with those Belgians. We had a lady from New York City on board.

Or take a flight in a small plane over Holland, like

www.intair.nl ( www.intair.ll/Tarieven.html for prices) or with www.waviation.nl (from Lelystad Amsterdam can be reached) .

From Rotterdam www.kroonduif-air.nl does this. Amsterdam can be reached (and back of course) on a 1-hour flight, for 270 Euro for 3 people (cheaper than the balloon, which was 160 Euro a person in Bruges).

As one can see on a landing at Amsterdam on any airline, the landscape of Holland is always very beautiful and unique, even with no mountains.

A balloon is slow but the preparation of the balloon and the deflating afterwards is part of the fun and we ended with champagne.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unique Day Trip

sorry, one link was www.intair.nl/Tarieven.html

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unique Day Trip

last time now: Kroonduif (Rotterdam) English page is www.kroonduif-air.nl/english/index.htm

Alpha Centauri
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unique Day Trip

I always recommend the same day trip to people that may not have been in a Castle. Take the bus from Amstel Station to Muiden. It's a 25 min ride, georgous riverside/lakeside old village with canals and ancient locks to control boating; very cool old wooden boats everywhere and neet Dutch . On the edge of town is picturesque Muiderslot (Castle) fully furnished with antiques and beautiful gardens open for tours. There is a great cafe in the center of town on the corner called Floris V with a giant fireplace in cool weather and tables outside along the water in nicer weather. I love to go there. Cheers! --Sandy

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
772 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unique Day Trip

Hey Sandy!

Small world! Just was looking for other day trips when I saw your post. Maybe we will try going there for the day on Monday. Thanks or your post!

9. Re: Unique Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2010, 11:47