We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel for two nights?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
193 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Nice hotel for two nights?

Hi,

I'm going to be in Amsterdam for 2 nights over sept 30-Oct 2. I am traveling with my girlfriend (soon to be fiance), so I want it to be a nice, cozy hotel. I was thinking the Hotel Estherea sounded nice, but I was wondering what all of you guys thought.

Is there somewhere better? Ideally it would be around $200 a night, but since its a special occassion I don't mind paying a little more for a non-run-of-the-mill room. A canal view, or near the Square would be ideal! Since we dont have that much time I don't want to waste any of it in busses or cabs :)

Thank you in advance

Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,823 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel for two nights?

I've just had a look at those dates on www.bookings.nl. The Krasnapolski, Barbizon Palace, Swisshotel and American all come in at that price range. All are recommended, my personal preference of the four is the Barbizon palace.

I don't know the Estherea so can't comment specifically on that place. If you look to the list of hotels on the left hand side of this page you will see them listed in order of the reviews given on here.