We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

info on victoria hotel

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
info on victoria hotel

Im stopping at this hotel this sun and info please on this hotel is it ok it is in Amsterdam

California
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: info on victoria hotel

If you click on the hotels icon above and then sort by alphabet and when the page loads go to the bottom and go to page seven you'll find 15 web surfer written reviews on the Victoria from 2005 and 75 more from previous years.

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: info on victoria hotel

In general the Victoria is a large hotel , corner of Damrak and Prins Hendrikkade, 2 mins walk across from Central Station.

It is given 3/4 stars in the grading system and whist its over 20 years since Ive stayed there I found it very acceptable then.

Perfect location and a nice terrace bar under glass, overlooking Damrak.

As larry says , check the reviews. I dont think you'll have any problems with it.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
298 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: info on victoria hotel

We stayed there a few years ago and it was a nice fairly smart hotel. There were some prostitutes hanging around in the bar but maybe thats a standard thing in Amsterdam, I don't know?

The rooms were bog standard but the location is spot on for Central station and Dam sq and Red Light District etc. We'd stay there again but its a little out of our price range (work paid last time!)

Enjoy....

Netherlands
Level Contributor
86 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: info on victoria hotel

It'sw one of the oldest and most known hotels in Amsterdam, very popular with tour groups, so plenty of people coming and going whilst busses stop and go!

You can't beat the location though - central station is a 2 minute walk and the main shopping streets start right behind the hotel. Close to everything...literally!

Enjoy Amsterdam and hopefully you'll bring some dry weather with you!