We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to allocate 10 days to these places?

Malaysia
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
How to allocate 10 days to these places?

This is my first time travelling. I would be taking a flight from London to Paris and would wish to travel to Paris, Luxemborg, Brussels & Amsterdam. Amsterdam would be my last stop. I was thinking of travelling by coach or train. Is there any requirements for baggage size if I were to travel by coach?

I was thinking of

Paris (5 days), Luxemburg (0.5 day), Brussels (1.5 days), Amsterdam (3 days)

Would it be sufficient to cover everything these cities has to offer?

For Paris, I was thinking of covering landmarks, lourve, disneyland

Amsterdam, red light district, anne frank, cheese factory, windmills, heineken experience, landmarks, canal cruise

Brussels, chocolate factory, landmarks

Luxemburg, not sure what to expect.

Is this itinerary too ambitious? Please advice. Many thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
333 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to allocate 10 days to these places?

I don't think this itinerary is to ambitious.

In Paris I would add the Eiffeltoren.

In Brussels I would skip the chocolate factory because there isn't much to see.

From Brussels to Amsterdam I would advice you to go by train, international trains to Amsterdam depart every hour and take you to Amsterdam in about 2 hours. For more info check www.ns.nl they provided an English button!

I have to give you a compliment with your choices of Amsterdam you picked some of the best spots; maybe you can add one of the musea!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amersfoort, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
7,821 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to allocate 10 days to these places?

I would suggest that you skip Brussels completely, there is not really a lot to see or do there. In Belgium the cities of Ghent, Bruges and Antwerp all have a lot more to offer.

Luxembourg is pretty and worth a visit, half a day should do it.

The itinery doesn't seem too ambitious.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to allocate 10 days to these places?

Indeed, forget Brussels, go to Bruges (Brugge), much much prettier, or when passing Brussels you can walk from Brussels Central to the Grand Place and back and in 2 hours you will have seen the best of Brussels and continue your journey (to Bruges).

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
Grand Place
Grand Place
28,943 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to allocate 10 days to these places?

I must disagree with the posters before me. I have been in Brussels for a couple of days and I am really enjoying it. I think it is worth one full day at least. If you have any interest in musical instruments or comics there are great museums about that, and the Grand Place area is a great place to wander and browse for hours.

Went to Bruges today and enjoyed it IMMENSELY but we were there for 6-7 hours and had enough. Point is that there's no one kind of traveler so since we are all different and have different tastes, it's really just something you will have to decide, swuan. But if you just want chocolate, then Bruges has that just as much as Brussels does if not more, and it also has the same waffles and unbelievably good frites. But Brussels and Bruges are both so very different that if you can only go to one, you should research a little more to find out what you really want.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Grand Place
Grand Place
28,943 Reviews
Brussels, Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
5. Re: How to allocate 10 days to these places?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 11:47