We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Restaurant

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
13 reviews
Help with Restaurant

I am visiting Amsterdam next week and have completely forgotten the name of a restaurant that I once visited.

Can somebody please help??

It was in the town centre and it was in a cellar, when you went inside there was a bar on the left hand side and you could eat on this side but the best place was on the right which was all brick arches the food was quite fancy and it was not a cheap restaurant. I appreciate this is a little ropey but I know as soon as I see the name I will know it!!!!!

Also can anybody tell me how far out Le Meridian Apollo is to the town centre and will I have problems getting to and from the town centre at night??

Any other suggestions for good restaurants would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Help with Restaurant

with regard to the restaurants , try iens.nl for reviews. also I have done 14 or so on www.virtualtourist.com/m/6d404/71211

sorry I dont know about the hotel you mention. Have fun!

California
Level Contributor
351 posts
1 review
2. Re: Help with Restaurant

Le Meridian Apollo is on Apollolaan. If you walk 4 blocks West from the hotel you'll cross Beethovenstraat where the #5 and 24 trams run. In a way the #5 is better as it goes past the Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum and Leidseplein before traveling behind the Royal Palace (Dam Square) and then on to Centraal Station. There is very frequent service until just after midnight.

It's about 4 km from Centraal Station, figure about 20 minutes on the tram during mid day.