We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels

Plantation...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
4 helpful votes
Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels

Hello,

Has anyone gotten a tour from the Port where the cruise ships come in? We are looking for a tour of 3 - 5 hours that will bring us to our Hotel in Amsterdam at the end of the tour.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
46,632 posts
81 reviews
191 helpful votes
1. Re: Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels

Where exactly does your ship dock? the Port of Amsterdam is in an industrial area to the west of the city. As an overflow sometimes cruise and river cruise ships dock there but in general large ocean going cruises dock in the city (for the moment). You can easily get a taxi to your hotel and take a canal cruise around the city.

Plantation...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels

We will be docking across from Centraal Station. I guess I should not be calling this the Port of Amsterdam. While I know we can just get a cab to the hotel, I was hoping there would be a tour that picks up from the ships and at the end of the tour drops guests off at hotels. I know we have done this in other European Cities.

Maryland
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
6 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels

You can try www.guideadvisor.com you can arrange for them to pick you up at the ship, take you wherever you like and drop you off wherever you want. They do tours, activities transfers, etc

Splitting with several others will certainly bring the cost down.

Check out your specific cruise over on Cruise Critic, sign up for your individual Roll Call, and you can meet and organize with others now.

Also many most cruises have organized excursions vis the ship that will do that, take you and your luggage around for the day but then drop everyone back at the Airport.

Edited: 21 January 2019, 01:58
Plantation...
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels

Thank you for the information. I will check out guideadvisor.com. As far as tours from the cruise ship go, I am not going to the airport and all the cruise tours end up there. I wanted to end up at my hotel.

Reply to: Pick up from Port of Amsterdam tour to hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted