We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

Delhi
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
20 helpful votes
what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

Hi

have read at many places " skip the line tickets"

if i may ask :

1. do they mean that you do not have to queue in the line to purchase tickets from counter window and that you can directly get in the queue to enter the attraction

OR

2. do they mean that you are somehow handed a VIP pass and that you just enter irrespective of the line ( i dont think however this would be the case)

regards

7 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
12,044 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
1. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

The phrase is, for the most part, marketing lingo. They mean, "Look no further. Our pass all you need." There's no general rule.

Delhi
Level Contributor
201 posts
37 reviews
20 helpful votes
2. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

I'm sorry but I'm no closer to understanding the term skip the line tickets

Regard

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,947 posts
17 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

What pala is saying: there is no such thing as a skip the line ticket. It's a term used by expensive third party resellers of tickets to lure you in and buy their crappy tickets.

St. Paul, Minnesota
Level Contributor
381 posts
63 reviews
39 helpful votes
4. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

On our recent trip to Amsterdam we reserved tickets online and printed them out. We then were able to skip the ticket line and go straight to the entrance. For Van Gogh and the Riksmuseum we had timed tickets and were allowed to enter at our reserved time. We reserved Ann Frank House weeks before we left the states. We did wait outside until our appointed time, but wouldn’t have been able to go at all without reservations. We researched the passes that are advertised, but most had attractions that we weren’t interested in and didn’t include some things we wanted, so we did our own. The one museum we went to without tickets had a huge line in the rain and pre-paid people walked right past us for quite some time!

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,700 posts
116 reviews
51 helpful votes
5. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

I am curious, haricot. You named the three busiest places so I wonder which other one this was " The one museum we went to without tickets had a huge line in the rain "

St. Paul, Minnesota
Level Contributor
381 posts
63 reviews
39 helpful votes
6. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

Moco Museum, which had a Banksy collection.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
12,044 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"

"Museum"

Reply to: what exactly are " skip the line tickets"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted