We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee shops xmas day

Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Coffee shops xmas day

Any recommendations on coffee shops open on Christmas day boxing day for a big smoke up

5 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,942 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Coffee shops xmas day

After my last trip I am astounded about the crowds

I’d say start with any shop that that you see that is not over crowded, where you can find a seat, and where there will not be a line to get in,

If you see one like that pop in and have a sit.

I find the noon to be a quieter place with open seats when I am there. And decent product and prices. Not a bad place to sit and yack for an hour.

Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Coffee shops xmas day

Was that on a Christmas

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
12,046 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Coffee shops xmas day

Dan - The chances are folks are not going to know off the top of their head if a shop is open on Christmas. What you're asking is for us to start calling around to see. Rather than that here is the best site on the web for coffeeshops. Click on the name and you'll get their information so you can call. My personal favorite is Paradox.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Map.html

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Coffee shops xmas day

The chances are people now who's been to Amsterdam for xmas before lol.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,942 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Coffee shops xmas day

Christmas is a very popular time to be in Amsterdam. I’d expect the crowds to be worse than my truly off season last visit in mid Jan. It took me 20 minutes to find an open seat in Barney’s.

Except for one or two shops that I have been in over the years I have enjoyed them all. At least for 20 minutes when I decide that sitting in a coffeeshop rather than exploring the city is not what I want.

Folks may remember a now closed shop just off dam square. As rude and unfriendly a place as you could find. Now closed.

Most shops I find, for me anyway, are fine unless you are looking for that truly special,product or that special music.

Edited: 19 November 2018, 20:11
Reply to: Coffee shops xmas day
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted