We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

I totally get that this is a good problem to have, but I am planning a special trip for two family members (older). I have temporarily booked both of the above hotels. There will be three of us in the room. Has anyone stayed at these hotels that could recommend one over the other? I do know where they are located and have been to Amsterdam a few times, so just wondering about the hotels please/thanks!!

9 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

Not I

But I would compare the exact rooms you are planning to rent. Comparing hotels is good but with 3 make sure you compare the rooms size for sure.

You have made two good choices you could also add another group of similar high quality hotels to choose from.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,438 posts
115 reviews
2. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

Firstly, do they know that you want a room for three (a triple)? You can't have three in a double room.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,780 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

I doubt you will find someone on these forums who have stayed in both hotels. You might have to rely on the reviews. I know the L'Europe has apartments next door. Have you investigated them rather than just a hotel room.

As you know the L'Europe is better located.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

The five star Krasnapolsky also has apts attached to the hotel.. the hotel is great never stayed in an apt and I know when Steve did that was a long time ago.

The hotel has since been upgraded have no idea about the apts.

Three people always makes it more challenging and expensive.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
12,040 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

Hotel de l'Europe is better located like Ron said. I have not stayed at the Amstel but have had High Tea there on a couple occasions. It is the Grand Dame of Amsterdam hotels and is a bit formal as are all Intercontinental Hotels.

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
6. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

for some reading pleasure on few hotels loved by celebrities

allrez.com/blog/…

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

Thanks for this. Are the apartments under the same name? I can’t locate them.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

I haven’t stayed in any of the 5 star hotels in Amsterdam, but if I could pick one it would be the Amstel (Intercontinental). There is something truly majestic about this building and it’s location. And I quite like the neighbourhood, which is just a bit outside the overcrowded center, but still close enough to everything.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental

Thanks for replying. I was a bit worried that it was too far away from things...

Reply to: Hotel de l'Europe or Intercontinental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted