We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

Mumbai, India
2 posts
2 reviews
London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

I am trying to book London to Amsterdam direct train for April. I was able to see a train which leaves from London at 7:16am last week. However, I am not able to find it now. It shows only a 5.16pm train. Is there going to be change is schedule? Or is the 7:16am train discontinued or sold out?

21 replies to this topic
Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

It would help if you say which day in April.

For a few random dates in April I see a 17.16 direct train and no 19.16 direct train.

Edited: 12 November 2018, 21:03
Mumbai, India
2 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

Hi, I am looking for 9th April 07:16hrs train (morning one)

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

It shows up in the journey planner but doesn't seem bookable yet.

Adter the 30th of March I can't seem to book the 7.16 train. And only the 17.16 train.

It could be that booking hasn't opened up yet. The train selling out at this stage is an impossibility. Trina don't sell out months in advance.

4. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 November 2018, 22:21
Edited: 12 November 2018, 22:21

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
253 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

The full schedules are not yet finalized (for trains, 5 months is a lot, Eurostar just started their winter sale). Eurostar is planning on starting a third train on weekdays from March 2019 (not yet visible in the planner). If they also add more weekend trains, or even cut them (as now seems the case) is currently unknown.

You're just a bit early, Eurostar still seems to tweak and change the schedules for April. Check back in December or contact Eurostar directly.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

Eurostar needs to get their act together. You used to be able to book 180 days in advance. Even today I can book the 17.16 train for the 9th of April.

These sort of things won't hit Eurostar for their regular travelers. But it will cost them tourists who like to get everything settled as early as possible.

Delft, The...
Level Contributor
253 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

@Lionheart2304

Train schedules are hard to work out. Eurostar has to cope with 4 different countries, 4 governments, a lot of stations and a lot of different rail road companies. The governments don't see the need to centralize the railroad companies and Eurostar is the victim of that.

I understand that it's annoying for tourists, but you can't really blame Eurostar.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

At least be transparent about it then. And release everything 180 days, 150, 120 or 90 in advance.

But don't go messing about with on date x we release train y but not train z, and on date a we release train c but not train b.

Which is basically what they're doing now. This is confusing for everyone.

Edited: 12 November 2018, 23:54
Delft, The...
Level Contributor
253 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

Times can normally change up to 14 days before departure (actually, this also holds for all EU airlines) and schedules are released between 60 and 180 days before a date, depending on loads of factors.

Most transport companies do not have clear release dates of schedules/tickets.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
5,016 posts
17 reviews
10. Re: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings

Actually most do.

DB: 180 days for domestic trains 90 days for international trains.

SNCF: 120 days.

TrenItalia: 120 days

PKP: 30 days.

Etc etc.

Reply to: London to Amsterdam Eurostar direct timings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted