We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer to take back to your hotel

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
643 posts
22 reviews
Beer to take back to your hotel

Does Amsterdam have beer stores. This is our first time to Europe.

18 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

Yes. And grocery stores. And running water.

Maryland
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

Yes, but grocery stores sell beer cheaper. Like Albert Heign shops. Cash only.

Oops, sorry, over typing

Edited: 18 October 2018, 02:35
Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
643 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

Thank you.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
643 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

Pala, I guess I should have been more specific. I wanted to know if they had beer in stores as opposed to having to search out a liquor store. As a destination expert, you should answer the question that was asked and not add a sarcastic response!

But thanks anyway.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

I did answer, without sarcasm. There are beer stores. There's wine store and liquor stores too.

Perhaps you might reflect on whether or not you might be being a bit overly sensitive and overreacting without just cause.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1,193 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

MissKittyNemo, as somebody who comes to this forum to ask a question, you should be a bit more respectful to the people who take the time to answer these questions.

Besides, your question was vague and wrong, "do they have beer stores" instead of "do they have beer IN stores" which is basically as vague a question.

If you respond so badly to a joke, please skip Amsterdam as a destination because you will encounter a lot of this kind of humor over-here :-)

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
17 reviews
7. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

Different country different habits... So instead of asking the question with a Canadian mindset why not just ask what is the best place to buy beer? And you'll get whole bunch of options varying from supermarkets to what you would calla liquor store (slijterij).

The way alcohol is sold varies greatly all over Europe and the answer you get for the znetherlands doesn't hold true for other countries. For instance in Germany you can buy beer at petrol stations hich is forbidden by law in the Netherlands.

In Poland you can buy spirits in supermarkets which is forbidden in the Netherlands. But for instance in Scandinavia you won't t find any alcohol in supermarkets but just in state run shops at high prices.

Edited: 18 October 2018, 10:36
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
8,260 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

In Netherlands the supermarkets have usually a good selection of beers, and the best prices as well.

Smaller supermarkets like AH to Go are a bit more expensive than regular supermarkets.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
38 posts
9. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

I'm going tomorrow and I'll be hitting up this particular beer store. Looks really good!

http://www.bier-baum.nl/

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Beer to take back to your hotel

What an odd name for Amsterdam. See if you can get them to return all the bikes.

Reply to: Beer to take back to your hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted