We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

h f
Nashville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

Looking for hotel recommendations for three nights in early February 2019 in usual tourist area.

budget of 150 euros plus or minus. First time visitors (married couple) to Amsterdam and will be going to several of the most popular museums.

Thanks for any assistance.

5 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,195 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

You are really unlucky. I was so ready to tell you how great your off season rates would be

The prices are summer like high

A couple of 3 stars anything better is going to be north of $200 a night a bit. Maybe more than a bit in a lot of cases

All USD all 3 stars all ok reviews all pretty well located all plus tax

Single Hotel $130

Rho Hotel $169

IbisStyles Amsterdam Center $173 May have free breakfast

Another Ibis Hotel for $150

Mozart Hotel $184

Prices are only going to go up for some reason it’s very busy

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,901 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

Hotel Arena is a very good 4* for €137 pn. http://tinyurl.com/y972sn77 Weird thing is that I went to their website to check rates there and they have a 4 night minimum stay that week and like John I see higher prices than I would have expected at that time of the year especially Sun - Wed.

The following week that hotel is only €110 pn.

The only thing I cold find on those dates was

"Integrated Systems Europe (ISE) is the world’s largest professional AV and systems integration show. The annual event, which is held at the RAI Amsterdam every February,"

Would seem strange though that this would cause such a lack of hotel rooms. I checked the NH chain and most were fully booked in the centre.

The Doubletree by the station is full but the one over the other side of the IJ is only €99pn. There is a free ferry to Amsterdam Centraal station.

www.novaapartments.nl/EN/nova_apartments.html are serviced apartments right by the Museumplein. €445 for three nights.

Right by the Rembrandtplein Hotel The Bird http://tinyurl.com/yaku8mdc is only €320 for 3 nights. That is a pretty good deal for that 3*. Excellent location overlooking the Amstel.

RHO hotel right off Dam Sq. http://tinyurl.com/y8r2e7j6 €147 pn but that does include breakfast.

The Ibis Styles chain does have the Amstel one for €390 and as John said that includes breakfast.

Good luck

h f
Nashville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

Thank you both. I have booked the Bird as location seems ideal and price is reasonable.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
148 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

Hi sorry to jump on this thread but I'm also a first time visitor arriving 1st-4th Feb two married couples first time to Amsterdam and was wondering what area would be the best location?

Ideally maximum nightly budget £150 per room if possible. Don't mind getting tram into centre if need be as I think I've read you can buy a couple day pass for around 35€ which isn't too bad.

Failing this would anyone recommend airb&b or holiday lettings website? Is there any restrictions in the law in regards to short term rentals. Just come back from nyc and noted on thr forums there was there you see but still being sold on airb&b to the unsuspecting traveller. Any advice greatly received. Thanks

5. Re: Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 July 2018, 23:26

Reply to: Hotel help for Feb 3 -6 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted