We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

swimming at Zuiderbad

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
swimming at Zuiderbad

Hello

My family and I will be visiting Amsterdam in two weeks and I am trying to find a pool where my adult son can do lap swimming as part of his training. I have stumbled upon the Zuiderbad which I think could work well. I have read that it can be quite busy and difficult to swim quickly in the lap lanes and also that the pool is sometimes completely given over to classes. He is pretty flexible with times. Hoping to get in a daily 90 minute swim in between site seeing! Ideally, he would like to swim at 8 am on both a thursday and a friday (August 2nd and 3rd). I am hoping this might be a quiet time before families arrive. Otherwise, he could also swim in the evening after dinner.

Can anyone offer me some insight? Thanks so much!

Theresa

3 replies to this topic
Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,744 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: swimming at Zuiderbad

The Zuiderbad has certain hours during which there is a special lane for fast swimmers. This is indicated in the schedule on the website by the phrase “borstcrawlbaan beschikbaar”, which literally translates as “freestroke lane available”

https:/…

Europe
Level Contributor
4,035 posts
2. Re: swimming at Zuiderbad

Zuiderbad is a small pool. If you want a proper olympic size pool go to the Sloterparkbad instead or the outdoor Flevoparkbad.

Pittsford, New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: swimming at Zuiderbad

Thank you for the helpful posts....Just trying to find a pool that works in our schedule for an hour a day...perhaps not the best pool but the best for this situation?

The link to pool swimming and what to look for was very useful...thank you

Reply to: swimming at Zuiderbad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted