We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels for college students

TMR
Florida
Level Contributor
139 posts
15 reviews
Hotels for college students

My son and 2 friends are touring Europe before heading to college in the fall. They will be spending a few nights in Amsterdam and are looking for safe, clean, affordable housing in a convenient location. They are thinking of heading to Berlin or Prague after that and any suggestions on the easiest way to do this would also be appreciated. Many thanks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
63,133 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Hotels for college students

Hi there,

www.stayokay.nl fits nicely in your budget category. Two ones, former youth hostels but now slightly upgraded, convenient for Amsterdam attractions.

www.eurolines.nl offers the cheapest land transportation in Europe, though sometimes (if booked long enough in advance!) they are beaten by budget flights. For those see sites like www.wegolo.com. Instead of Amsterdam you often need to depart from Rotterdam or Eindhoven (1-2 hours by train and bus from 'Dam) for the best budget routes...

Have fun,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
5,891 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Hotels for college students

hi , I agree with Eriks choice but if they prefer a hotel , Mallemoolen and Cornerhouse would be a budget option ... geoff

Los Angeles...
8 posts
3. Re: Hotels for college students

im a freshman in college and 2 summers ago, so when i was a year younger than your son, i went to prague, its prob one of the most amazing cities ever, he'll love it, just make sure he knows what to do

4. Re: Hotels for college students

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 10:53