We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airBaltic

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
515 posts
59 reviews
airBaltic

I heard that airBaltic is notoriously very strict when it comes to the weight of the luggage and also carry-on bag. They weigh the carry-on bag and if it weighs more than the allowable weight, they charge significantly.

Has anyone have recent experience with airBaltic flight out of AMS?

Thanks.

Regards.

5 replies to this topic
Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,785 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: airBaltic

Like any good passenger you've read the rules and you'll adhere to them right? So why would you even need to ask this question?

And it belongs in the air travel forum and has nothing to do with Amsterdam.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,778 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: airBaltic

You are much better off asking this on the TA air forum

This is the first time in decades that I can remember that airline being mentioned here

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
515 posts
59 reviews
3. Re: airBaltic

I was told by a friend of mine that at Vilnius airport, airBaltic weighed randomly the carry-on bag just before boarding and if found even slightly heavier than the allowed weight, the passengers were made to pay a significant amount.

But when he boarded airBaltic flight at St. Petersburg airport, this was not done.

So I wanted to know what airBaltic does at Amsterdam airport.

My experience has been that the most airlines do make sure that the carry-on bag is of proper size and will fit in the overhead bins but have never seen them checking the weight of a carry-on bag!

I agree my question should have been more direct.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,377 posts
114 reviews
4. Re: airBaltic

Do you really want to gamble? The last flight I went on was a very busy Easyjet service to Amsterdam. They were checking the size of lots of bags and making numerous passengers reorganise their packing and squeeze their 'I didn't known we weren't allowed to have a second piece of hand luggage' into their already full case.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
515 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: airBaltic

Thank you Pericoloso.

Actually I was looking at different airlines and found airBaltic's schedule more favorable. But before I decide which airline to book, I wanted to know this about airBaltic. So I had posted my inquiry. I have decided not to book on airBaltic.

Regards.

Reply to: airBaltic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted