We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Museumkaart question

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Another Museumkaart question

Now the rules have been changed I'm looking at ways of getting a card this month. I'm coming to Haarlem for four days, the Amsterdam for five. On a previous occasion I registered the card online, got it sent to my Amsterdam hotel and picked it up three months later on a second visit. This time, if I get a temp card immediately on arrival, at the Frans Hals and registered it online, how quickly would the authorities send the card, to my Amsterdam hotel, as before?.

28 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
21. Re: Another Museumkaart question

I assume there is some overlap between sending the new card and voiding the temporary card. I also assume they're not going to tell you how much overlap there is.

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
8 reviews
22. Re: Another Museumkaart question

You quote: “the temporary card becomes invalid at the moment you receive the photo card.“

The key word here is “receive”. It doesn’t say “register”. I think it’s pretty logical that the temporary card becomes invalid at the moment you have received your photo card in the mail.

23. Re: Another Museumkaart question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 November 2018, 03:55

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
24. Re: Another Museumkaart question

but what about the photos?

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
114 reviews
25. Re: Another Museumkaart question

There is no photo on the temporary card.

Europe
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
26. Re: Another Museumkaart question

Thinking about it a bit more. I believe that the temporary card will automatically become void after first use of the new card. I believe this is technically quite easy to achieve and also that's how it works for card holders when their card gets renewed.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
12,355 posts
114 reviews
27. Re: Another Museumkaart question

That sounds more logical (and sensible). I'm 99% sure that I used the temporary card after the 'proper one' was posted (obviously before it arrived).

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
28. Re: Another Museumkaart question

That is reassuring. Fingers crossed!

Reply to: Another Museumkaart question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted