We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Museumkaart question

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
Another Museumkaart question

Now the rules have been changed I'm looking at ways of getting a card this month. I'm coming to Haarlem for four days, the Amsterdam for five. On a previous occasion I registered the card online, got it sent to my Amsterdam hotel and picked it up three months later on a second visit. This time, if I get a temp card immediately on arrival, at the Frans Hals and registered it online, how quickly would the authorities send the card, to my Amsterdam hotel, as before?.

28 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
4,031 posts
1. Re: Another Museumkaart question

Their website claims within 5 working days.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
45,583 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Another Museumkaart question

General consensus is about 3 to 5 days.

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Another Museumkaart question

that's encouraging, thanks chaps.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
4. Re: Another Museumkaart question

I'm guessing that because you're from the UK you may have an easier time paying the registration fee via bank transfer? I'm in the US, and payment by that method incurs a high fee. I'm trying to figure it out.

Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,923 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Another Museumkaart question

They don't take credit cards?

"Not all those who wander are lost.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
6. Re: Another Museumkaart question

The only options I saw were "iban" and "Bic". So I don't see a way to register the card easily as a US resident.

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Another Museumkaart question

Thanks for the prompt. I just accessed my account on line and saved my IBAN and BIC numbers.

Chilworth, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Another Museumkaart question

it seems that US banks are not party to the IBAN system.

9. Re: Another Museumkaart question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 November 2018, 03:57
Edited: 09 November 2018, 03:57

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
54 posts
10. Re: Another Museumkaart question

Yes, I contacted them on Monday. They only partially answered my question, and I wrote back from clarification. Part of the answer could be important for people looking to get it mailed locally and yet register with a foreign bank account: "direct debit is not possible with a foreign bank account number and a Dutch address." They explained that use of a foreign bank account is only possible with a foreign address registration (again, a page which does not list the US).

Reply to: Another Museumkaart question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted