We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam boathouse recommendation please

French Riveria
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam boathouse recommendation please

Hello there, I'll be travelling to Amsterdam in mid July for three nights and would like the experience of staying in a boathouse. There will be three of us and a 16mth old toddler and we would prefer to reserve a boathouse to ourselves. Can anyone give us some recommendations please. Looking for a clean boathouse in a good location.

Will there however be a mosquito problem in July ?

Cheers,

Stephie

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam boathouse recommendation please

I would suggest you use Google and search on "Houseboat Rental Amsterdam" or "Houseboats Amsterdam" and you will get loads of choices. I would also suggest you get a good map of the city so that you can plot where each boat is located. You will probably want to stay in the canal ring (more central to things) in a more residential area, rather than near, let's say, the Heineken Experience area on the Amstel, which is noisier and more commercial.

Mosquitos could be a problem if the weather is particularly warm and the air is humid. However, I'm told that some boats have screens in the windows (ask) or that you could bring a net for your bed and some repellant.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Heineken Experience
Heineken Experience
20,888 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Amstel
The Amstel
1,714 Reviews
French Riveria
Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam boathouse recommendation please

Thanks for your input Sacha.

I had a look at City Mundo website as they seem to be the only ones that accept just three nights booking. I like the look of boat L10710 which is located near the Jordaan. Anyone stayed at this boat before with any feedback to give me please

Cheers !

Mentioned in this post
The Jordaan
The Jordaan
10,045 Reviews
3. Re: Amsterdam boathouse recommendation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 09:57